Cockroach! *psst! wham wham wham!*
It's about last night =)
Carol and Lizzie and I were talking like sometime 1-2 am. Carol and I were sitting together on the two-seater couch and Lizzie was sitting opposite us on the three-seater couch. A bit earlier on, we were discussing about a grasshopper that has been in our apartment for a while now and still is around (I think) and Lizzie was saying "Whack it" and Carol and I objected and Carol said, "At least it's not a cockroach, right"
Then at one point, while Carol and Lizzie were talking, I saw something move at the corner of my eye. before I had even moved my eyes in its direction, I already guessed from the colour... that it was a cockroach. Indeed, when I looked up, I saw a huge cockroach on our ceiling. Lizzie didn't see it because it was behind on the far wall behind her and Carol, for some (but good) reason, was completely unaware of it. For like, half a minute, I kept asking myself whether I should announce right out that there was a roach on the ceiling OR to just tell Carol to close her eyes, knowing she's freaked of them, and work towards killing it..
I ended up just saying, "Carol, close your eyes" and she said, "Why?" and I said, "Just do it."
At the end of my second order, she realised my point. And both she and Lizzie were like, without me even mentioning the word "cockroach, "Where, where is it?!"
Lol.
Lizzie and I spent the next.. five to ten minutes chasing the roach all over the apartment. I went into Carol's room and took the bug spray then we shut the bedroom doors and began searching for the crafty bug. It flew! I hate roaches that fly! The ones I encounter at home usually just crawl.. which is actually just as bad. Normally, when I'm looking for a roach, I have this nervous feeling that it would crawl out real quickly and up my foot.. but last night/early this morning, I was totally focused on getting it out of the house and making sure it didn't crawl into anyone's room.
Anyway, we chased it behind some boxes in the living room then behind Carol's work table and then back behind the boxes again. Lizzie moved a box and aplaxtic bag and we found it, so I sprayed it (for like, the fourth time) and then wildly whacked at it with my newspaper. Surprisingly, despite my really bad coordination, I hit it!.. ewww... =P
Another victorious battle against the freaky little crawly pests.


2 Comments:
I hate it when you encounter those female roaches that have them wings. They always seem to aim for your head.
Indeed they do!
Post a Comment
<< Home